We are always looking for talented people to join our firm at all levels. Even if you don’t see a position that looks right for you, feel free to forward your resume and cover letter to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep it on file for future openings. We look forward to hearing from you!
The following roles can be based in the Oakland, Orange, or San Jose office:
Circlepoint is growing and looking for people to grow with us! For over 30 years, Circlepoint has been providing environmental and communication consulting services on some of the most dynamic projects in California. Each member of Circlepoint’s team is highly skilled and is passionate and dedicated to creating innovative solutions to complex issues and building a better future for communities. Circlepoint prides itself in providing our employees with vast opportunities for professional growth and development in a meaningful work environment.
Circlepoint is seeking a full-time qualified Project Manager to join our Environmental Services Group (ESG) in one of our offices, Oakland, or Orange. ESG provides California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) clearance for transportation and land use projects.
Circlepoint’s ESG is molded on an integrated approach to public and private transportation and land use planning projects—environmental analysis and community outreach. We work closely with planning and design teams to identify environmental constraints early on, focus environmental documents on the important issues, and effectively involve stakeholders to build the support essential to bringing projects to fruition. We work with our clients, ensuring that we are providing a document that captures the correct components that will pave the way for success during and after the entitlement process.
The job might be right for you if:
- You are a client-focused leader who efficiently and effectively prepares and processes NEPA and CEQA environmental documents
- You can assume project management responsibilities including environmental planning and delivery; strategy development; budget development; schedule development; quality assurance/quality control; client service; and staff management and mentorship. The Project Manager will also actively participate in marketing efforts including developing proposal scope and budget and business development.
- 5+ years of experience preparing or managing NEPA and CEQA environmental documents for transportation projects (experience working for a private consulting company is highly preferred). Candidates must be highly conversant in working with federal, state, and local agencies in environmental review and permitting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in environmental studies, urban planning, technical writing, or an associated field.
- Exceptional budget, schedule, and staff management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task and work within allocated budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) abilities
- Experience with budget management procedures and/or tracking software
- A focused, collaborative mindset with team members and management within Circlepoint, as well as clients.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a current driver’s license and access to personal transportation.
We are very interested in hearing from you. Please email your cover letter and resume.
**Circlepoint is an equal opportunity employer**
“While I have worked with individuals at other consulting firms that had excellent interpersonal skills, Circlepoint was the only consulting firm I’ve worked for where this was so deeply integrated into the overall company culture.”
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
To fulfill our company vision of abundant opportunities for communities and environments to thrive, we are working to ensure equality of opportunity within our organization. We believe that fostering a culture where individuals from different backgrounds feel safe and free to discuss their creative ideas will help us produce inspired, collaborative, and innovative work that benefits our entire community. Circlepoint is proud to be a Majority-Woman-Owned business.
We strive to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce. We engage with the local community through outreach and volunteer efforts. We know that listening to the diverse voices around us will help guide our work, enabling us to become a positive example to our clients and industry peers.